As Software Engineer (m/f) your main role is to develop and test model-based/ hand-coded software for the control of powertrain systems, mainly for Diesel engine management ECUs. Additionally, you provide technical support for the mass production development and steadily advance the software development processes and environment. In your daily job you are working closely with the manager of the software application team as well as the relevant project leaders.
In detail you will:
- design software components based on requirements following the architectural design rules,
- implement and integrate the software components in to a software baseline by auto-coding/ hand-coding,
- test the software components using advanced testing tools,
- discuss, clarify and negotiate requirements, design, implementation and tests with customers and system development team,
- document and share the results with internal/external customers.
- You are likely to have a university degree in information technology, electrical or control system engineering or comparable education.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in embedded software engineering preferably in the automotive field.
- You have experience with MBD function and software development tools (ASCET/Simulink/TargetLink/RTW) as well as testing tools (MIL/SIL/HIL).
- You have an experience with software engineering tools (complier, linker, debugger, code analyzer, modeling and simulation tools, change the version management tools, testing tools etc.)
- You have advanced knowledge of vehicle/ powertrain control systems.
- You have experience in the fields of Engine ECU/ Diesel engine control systems and fundamentals knowledge of fuel injection systems.
- You will be comfortable working both independently or in teams using a structured approach to work and showing a high quality orientation.
- You possess a driving license valid in Germany.
You will work within an international and highly diverse and multi-cultural organization on a day-to-day basis, so fluent English is required.
Attractive working conditions and a team oriented working climate that is cosmopolitan according to our global relations.
Are you interested?
Please send your informative application in English, giving your availability and expected salary as well as the job number via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Ms. Britta Mast (Human Resources).