We are looking for an engaged young scientist (m/f) for 3
years at our office in Eching who is fascinated by the task
to work in the field of fail operational software for automated driving
. You will contribute to and collaborate in the ECSEL project Enable-S3 with joint EU and national funding.
As representative of DENSO you will take over the
- Investigate safety risks for automated vehicles with system perspective on software level including perception, cognition and control,
- Research and design novel software architectures and concepts with built in fail operational properties for automated vehicles,
- Estimate the test coverage achieved by virtual test and the achievable risk level of the new software concept,
- Setup a tool chain to verify the concepts in virtual automated driving environment,
- Collaborate with research partners to obtain a stochastic model of real world scenarios for the virtual validation,
- Collaborate with research partners to obtain a model to describe the coverage of virtual tests,
- Eventually realize the safe software concept in a real demonstration vehicle together with the collaboration partners.
Possible research areas:
- Neural networks (robustness, fault tolerance, predictability, accuracy, confidence of results)
- Regulations for fault tolernace
- MSc or equivalent degree in electronics, mechatronics, physics or similar technical education,
- Fundamental knowledge in the field of formal reasoning (e.g. stochastic, functional safety, formal languages, etc.),
- Good knowledge of programming language C,
- Experience in the field of automotive systems engineering is an advantage,
- Knowledge about control theory and optimization theory,
- Matlab and Simulink experience,
- Knowledge of automated driving and ADAS functions,
- Good knowledge of written and spoken German and English language
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Good communication abilities and willingness to travel
- Willingness to aspire a doctorate
We offer attractive working conditions and a team oriented
working climate, that is cosmopolitan according to our global
relations. Are you interested?
Please send your informative application giving your
availability and the job number 2016DNDE01 to our HR
specialist, Ms. Melanie Kühnel, phone. 08165 / 944 – 695 or
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.